Exporting results via iTunes file sharing
- Plug the device into the computer and open iTunes.
- Click on the icon indicating your device at the top of the window.
- Click on file sharing.
- Scroll down to the PIEL Survey app and click.
- In the window on the right you will see the data file (.csv)
- Either drag and drop the file or save it to your desired location.
Exporting results via email
When the last run of a scheduled survey has been notified, an alert will appear asking participants if they would like to email the results back now or later. If the participant misses the last survey run, this message will still appear when they open the app again. This alert will show after each eun-once survey. If participants opt to email results later, to do this they will need to go to the PIEL Survey home screen and tap the arrow to the right of the survey name. This will offer the alternative of emailing the results or deleting the survey.
Results will be emailed to the address in listed in the author-email field of the Control File. If no email is placed in the survey file, the participant can type in the email when the email pscreen appears.
After emailing the responses, the data can be deleted by clicking "Delete All Responses". This will bring up a confirmatory message.
We recommend that participants don't delete data until it is confirmed that the researcher has received the results.