Below is a sample control file. Use this sample as an easy way to develop your own control file. There are some simple syntax rules which must be followed.
- Each command is placed on a new line.
- Many commands are optional, often having default values. This will be described in the following text.
- A vertical bar "|" (usually located above the enter key) is used in the control file to separate its different components. Do not use "|" at the beginning or end of a line. You do not need any spaces before or after this separator.
- Do not use the symbol “%” followed immediately by a letter in the text of questions.
- You can put comment lines in a control file by inserting # in front of each line. # stops these lines from being read as a command.
- Delete a control file line by simply removing it or alternately by inserting # in front it. This second option is useful if there are lines that might be needed later. Rather than repeatedly deleting and reinserting lines, simply add or remove # at the front of the line.
name|PIEL Sample Survey
exit-message|3|Thank you for testing the PIEL Survey.
placeholder-message|No questions for now, thank you for checking!
#Below are the questions. Integers indicate the question number
1|How did you hear about the PIEL Survey?|From a colleague %NEXT 3|Internet Search %NEXT 3|Advertisment %NEXT 3|Reading a review/blog %NEXT 3|In the Apple Store|Other
2|Please provide details of where you heard about the PIEL Survey. %TYPE text
3|Did you find the PIEL App easy to use? %TYPE slider|Difficult|Very easy
4|What features do you most like about the PIEL Survey? (you can choose more than one). %TYPE checkbox|Ease of use|Accessibility|It's quick|It's intuitive|It's on my iDevice|Other
5|How many times have you used the PIEL Survey. %TYPE list|First time|2-5 times|6-10 times|More than 10 times
6|Did you use our website before using this PIEL Survey? %TYPE list|Yes|No %NEXT 8
7|Please tell us what you found useful on the website and what you would change. %TYPE text
8|Will you use the PIEL Survey again? %TYPE list|Yes|No %NEXT END|Maybe
9|What type of questions will you use in your next survey? %TYPE checkbox|Button|Checkbox|Slider|Text
10|Do you have any more comments? %TYPE text